Hooked Community Opens at Red Cedar Development in Lansing
By Natalie Jones / 04.18.22 / 3 min read
Banner image courtesy of Nick King/Lansing State Journal
Hooked Community, a bookstore/coffee shop and wine bar in Lansing, is now open! The business is located at 3142 E. Michigan Avenue in the mixed-use Red Cedar Development near Michigan State University. Congratulations to owners Sarah Reckhow and Matt Grossmann!
Martin’s Carson Patten facilitated the lease to bring Hooked Community to Lansing, and Martin Property Development’s Jason Brunette executed the build-out for this space.
Hooked Community’s unique concept includes the following:
- 10,000 books for children, young adults, and adults
- Book club discussions, scavenger hunts, quizzes, and game nights
- Brewed and specialty coffee with blends from Intelligentsia, a roaster based in Chicago
- Baked goods from Stone Circle Bakehouse and Zingerman’s
- Salads from Tantay, a Peruvian restaurant in Lansing
- Charcuterie boards and dessert boards
- Selection of wines (coming soon)
- Mural of the Michigan Capitol Building and an MSU landmark
- Counters made out of white oak trees that used to be on MSU’s campus
- Patio seating for 30 people (coming soon) and indoor seating for 40 people
Click HERE to view our source from The Lansing State Journal!